The average car battery can last about four years before it needs to be replaced. However, constant exposure to cold weather - something St. Paul residents are well acquainted with - can significantly reduce its lifespan.
While the most obvious sign of a fully depleted battery is when the car can't turn on, there are other symptoms that may indicate you should visit the mechanic before you find yourself stranded.
Signs Your Car May Need a Battery Replacement:
- The vehicle has to be frequently jump started
- The battery works some days but not others
- Difficulty starting the car in cold weather
- The engine cranks, but the car won't start
- The car's headlights and interior lights don't turn on