Springtime in Alberta there's nothing better! The snow has melted, the weather is warmer, and people get to enjoy the outdoors. But your Ram 2500? It's covered in a layer of road salt and is rolling on winter tires. Spring is a time for rejuvenation and that includes your ride.
Here are seven tips from our service experts at St. Paul Dodge to give your truck the treatment it deserves:
- Clean the underbelly: Road salt is corrosive and will damage the paint and frame of your Ram 2500. Each spring, wash the undercarriage of your truck to preserve its structural integrity.
- Replace your windshield wipers: Wipers should be replaced every six months, especially before the rainy season. Ensure your visibility isn't compromised by worn-out blades.
- Deep clean from the inside out: Like you scrub your home each spring, your Ram 2500 deserves the same. Clean all surfaces, windows and floor mats inside the vehicle, then wash and wax the exterior to restore your truck's good looks.
- Swap your winter tires: Once the outside temp climbs above 7 °C, it's time to switch back to your all-season tires for better fuel efficiency and performance.
- Inspect your brakes: Road salt can also do a number on your brakes, especially the pads. When you swap your tires, have your brakes inspected to ensure they are in good working order.
- Check your alignment: Potholes are notorious for kicking vehicles out of alignment, which will cause your tires to wear down faster, and your ride quality will suffer. To avoid these issues, have your alignment inspected each spring.
- Measure your tire pressure: Temperature swings can wreak havoc on your tire pressure, which can cause poor fuel economy. Check your Ram 2500 Owner's Manual to ensure your tires are inflated with the correct PSI.
Give your truck the spring treatment! Contact us at St. Paul Dodge in Alberta to book your service appointment today.