The Check Oil light on your dashboard isn’t the only indicator that your car may need an oil replacement.Ã‚ Here are 5 other signs to look for:
- Excessive Mileage: While guidelines for when to change a car’s oil will vary, every three months or 3,000 miles is the average recommendation.
- Dark or Dirty Oil: Over time, oil will become darker and filled with particles. Be sure to check the colour and consistency with a dipstick every month.
- Odour Inside Car: If a pungent oil smell permeates into your cabin, this can be a sign of a leak.
- Exhaust Smoke: Translucent vapour coming out of your tailpipes is normal. Smoke, however, may indicate an oil leak (or other engine problems).
- Engine Noise: Lack of lubrication can cause metal parts to brush or bump against one another creating loud sounds (and serious damage).
Get your oil changed at St. Paul Dodge and take advantage of our other car maintenance services.Ã‚ Schedule an appointment now.