Unlock class-leading towing and payload capabilities with the 2022 Ram 1500 in Alberta. Visit St. Paul Dodge to learn more about this light-duty pickup truck’s superior drivetrain and suspension systems, which help to enhance the cargo experience.
2022 Ram 1500 (DT) Towing and Payload Charts
2022 Ram 1500: Towing Guide
2022 Ram 1500: Towing FAQ
These are some of the most common questions we get on the topic of towing. Check them out they might be the same questions you have.
What Is Torque?
- Torque refers to rotational power, and when applied to a vehicle, it indicates the force produced by an engine’s crankshaft, measured in pound-feet. Generally, the more torque that a vehicle can apply, the better suited it is for moving heavy objects such as when towing or climbing steep grades.
What Is Horsepower?
- Horsepower is a measure of the power that an engine produces, or what it takes to move an object over a certain distance in a certain amount of time. In the simplest terms, horsepower measures the rate at which work is done. One unit of horsepower is the power required to raise a 33,000-pound object by one foot in a minute.
What Is Payload Capacity?
- Payload capacity is the amount of weight your vehicle can carry, including passengers and cargo. It does not include the weight of the vehicle itself.
What Is Towing Capacity?
- Towing capacity indicates how much your vehicle can tow, including the weight of your trailer itself.
How Is Towing Capacity Calculated?
- To calculate your towing capacity, you’ll need to know your vehicle’s Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR, which is determined by the manufacturer), the weight of your vehicle (or curb weight), and the weight of any payload you’re carrying (passengers and cargo combined). Subtract the vehicle’s curb weight and payload weight from GCWR to find how much your vehicle can tow.
What Does GVWR Mean?
- GVWR, or Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, indicates the maximum operable weight of a vehicle, including all components of the vehicle itself as well as fuel, accessories, the driver and any passengers and cargo, but excluding all towing.
2022 Ram 1500: Competitor Comparison Chart
2022 Ram 1500 in Alberta: Drivetrain and Suspension
The 2022 Ram 1500 connects Alberta drivers to segment-leading performance with its responsive drivetrain and suspension systems that work in unison to deliver superior towing and payload capabilities. It’s everything you need and more to tackle challenging tasks around work and home.
2022 Ram 1500 in Alberta: Transmission
Every 2022 Ram 1500 comes standard with an eight-speed automatic transmission that features wide span of gear ratios to keep the engine’s rpm in an ideal range for heavy trailering. The TorqueFlite 850RE gearbox is found in models with the 3.6L Pentastar V6, while 5.7L HEMI V8-equipped Ram 1500s feature an enhanced TorqueFlite 8HP75 transmission that works in unison with the eTorque mild hybrid system. To optimize shift changes and improve the truck’s fuel efficiency, performance and drivability, this system includes more than 40 unique shift maps – ensuring maximum performance on the backroads and work-site alike.
2022 Ram 1500 in Alberta: Transfer Case
The 2022 Ram 1500 offers three transfer cases to deliver precise engine torque to the output shaft to suit the road conditions and payload ratio. A BorgWarner 48-12 for part-time 4WD operation with Hi and Low ranges is available on all models of this pick-up (except the TRX trim), while on-demand 4WD is ensured with the BorgWarner 48-11 on 3.0L EcoDisel and 5.7L V8-equipped trucks. Both transfer cases utilize a push-button control underneath the rotary gear selector on the instrument panel. 2022 Ram 1500 TRX models feature a BorgWarner 48-13 full-time active transfer case for powerful capability in punishing conditions. Haul with ease.
2022 Ram 1500 in Alberta: Suspension
The 2022 Ram 1500 is built for work and play and everything in between. All models of this truck include a heavy-duty front stabilizer bar and class-executive standard link coil rear suspension that does not shy away from big projects and cumbersome cargo. This suspension system also ensures better articulation and load levelling abilities. Additionally, an available Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension System (standard on the Limited trim) helps to reduce drag, which increases efficiency and boosts hauling power to 1,043 kg of maximum payload capacity. Achieve a smooth ride, no matter how hard the haul.
Test Drive a 2022 Ram 1500 in Alberta
Experience expert hauling and towing abilities with the 2022 Ram 1500 in AB. Contact our St. Paul Dodge dealership to inquire about financing, availability and spec information or to arrange a test drive. We will gladly connect you to the perfect trim option for your specific cargo needs.